Everyone loves a shiny perfect smile, and dental veneers can help you get them. They are thin shells made of porcelain that are cemented to the front of your natural teeth. They can give your teeth an entirely new look by changing their shape, color, and alignment. But before deciding to get porcelain veneers, you should consider their pros and cons.
• Porcelain veneers can help to fix minor cosmetic issues. For example, if you have crooked teeth or have spaces between them, you are most likely to get braces for their treatment. However, sometimes veneers can help to solve these problems. Veneers would not change the position of your teeth; instead, they will act as camouflage and hide the misaligned or gapped teeth.
• Tea, coffee, alcohol, or cigarettes can easily stain your teeth and turn them yellow or brown. Stains can be removed at home or with the help of a dentist, but teeth can get stained again. Dental veneers give you an easy way out to whiten your teeth without the fear of them getting discolored as they highly stain resistant.
• Enamel is strong, but it is destructible. Rigorous brushing or eating acidic food can damage your enamel. Once eroded, enamel cannot regrow, but it can be replaced. Dental veneers are an excellent option for teeth with eroded enamel.
• Some people experience increased tooth sensitivity after getting veneers. It can cause pain and make you uncomfortable. However, it may only last for a few days and eventually fade away.
• The cost of veneers may vary from location to location, but generally, the cost of getting them is very high.
• Veneers are permanent and irreversible procedure. Your dentist may change the shape of your teeth and remove the outer layer of tooth enamel to fix them.
If you are well aware of the pros and cons of porcelain veneers and decide to get them, call Bayside Dental and Orthodontics on 979-330-4113 and book an appointment with us.